- Register today for USICD’s 25 February event titled 30/30 – Sports as a Tool for Advocacy and Development ocusing on Article 30 of the CRPD and Goal 11 of the SDGs.
- Read USICD Board Members Judith Heumann and John Wodatch’s NY Times Editorial: We’re 20 Percent of America, and We’re Still Invisible; Disabled Americans are asking for true Inclusion.
- Read USICD President, Dr. Patricia Morrisey’s editorial: The 30th Anniversary of the ADA: How Should We Celebrate?
- Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) Introduces Bill to Promote Disability Rights and Inclusion in U.S. Foreign Assistance Programs; Legislation Establishes an Office of International Disability Rights Within U.S. State Department
- Read the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities’ Board of Directors Statement on George Floyd
- Visit USICD’s COVID-19 page for disability-specific information, resources and articles from around the world.
- New Netflix documentary Crip Camp features USICD Board member and international activist Judith Heumann.
- Buy USICD Board member, Judith Heumann’s new book Being Heumann today!
- Executive Director, Isabel Hodge, will present at the 2020 Pacific Rim Disability & Diversity Conference in Honolulu Hawaii on 2-3 March.
- Executive Director, Isabel Hodge presented on the Future of Work panel at the International Labor Organization’s (ILO) Making the Future of Work Inclusive of Persons with Disabilities conference in Geneva, Switzerland on 21 November.
- On October 7th, USICD Executive Director, Isabel Hodge, worked with international fellow, Daniel Csango on his employment and independent living project in Budapest, Hungary.
- In October 2019, USICD Executive Director, Isabel Hodge, and Board Member, Janet Lord, presented on international human rights law and humanitarian law at the Raoul Wallenberg Institute in Lund, Sweden.
- Order USICD Board Member Judy Heumann’s new book “Being Heumann: An Unrepentant Memoir of a Disability Rights Activist.”
- Press Release: The United States International Council on Disabilities mourns the death of its Board member, long-time Past President, and co-founder, Marca Bristo
- USICD completed Inclusive Education advocacy training in Maputo, Mozambique on 16 August, 2019.
- USICD’s Executive Director, Isabel Hodge, was re-elected to serve as the Vice President of Disabled Peoples’ International N. American and the Caribbean at the regional meeting that was held in St. Kitts and Nevis from 23-25 August, 2019.
- USICD’s Executive Director, Isabel Hodge, presented at the Disability Policy Seminar on 8 April, 2019 and encouraged attendees to support USICD’s Policy Priorities and join USICD as members. Click here to view or download the handout.
- USICD Board Member, Judith Heumann, recently published a Ford Foundation report, titled “Road Map for Inclusion: Changing the Face of Disability in Media. Read the full report.
Other News from USICD Members & Sponsors:
Read Source America’s How COVID-19 is Reshaping the Future of Work for Persons with Disabilities – http://sourceamerica.org/sites/default/files/2020-sam-fow-covid19-0420.pdf
Learn about the University of Hawaii at Manoa’s Center on Disability Studies’ Interdisciplinary Certificate and Coursework in Disability and Diversity Studies
Learn about Uber’s commitment to Fostering Diversity and Inclusion
USICD Member, Disability Rights International released their report titled A Dead End for Children: Bulgaria’s Group Homes.
ANCOR and UCP’s Case for Inclusion 2020 report is now available. The report is a a comprehensive data tool that examines how well programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are serving residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.