Youth in International Development and Foreign Affairs>>
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities>>
- International Projects>>
- Disability in U.S. Foreign Affairs>>
- Youth in International Development and Foreign Affairs>>
USICD is proud of the leadership role that the U.S. has played in the international disability rights movement. Leaders like USICD President, Dr. Patricia Morrissey, Past-President, Marca Bristo, and Board Member, Judith Heumann have led the world by example and by guiding foreign policy in long and lusterous careers that began in their youth. To continue the movement and America's role as a leader, USICD strives to develop the next generation of leaders.
In 2013, USICD launched the Youth in International Development and Foreign Affairs program, an internship program to inspire youth involvement in international affairs and development careers. This program formally engaged USICD's goal of incorporating a disability perspective in all foreign affairs issues. The program was held for its fifth year in summer 2017. The program has been discontinued for the time being, however we hope to receive funding to establish a new internship program in 2019. Monitor this page for updates on future programs or email email@example.com to ask to be added to the mailing list for USICD's internship program.
- About the Youth in International Development and Foreign Affairs Internship Program (now discontinued)
- FAQ About USICD's Internship Program
- Past alumni of USICD's internship program
- Blog Posts by past Interns
- Other Past International Youth Leaders Hosted by USICD