Other News from USICD Members & Sponsors:
- USICD member, the National Organization on Disability (NOD) will hold an annual forum and leading disability employer’s dinner on 26 September at the Crystal City Marriott in Arlington, VA. Ticketing and sponsorship opportunities are now open for the event titled, Shifting the Talent Paradigm: Inclusive Culture for a Modern Workforce .
- Registration is open for The Arc of the US’ 2019 National Convention. Register at: convention.thearc.org.
- AUCD Celebrates the Anniversary of the Olmstead Decision.
- Maria Town has been selected as the new President & CEO of AAPD. Read the Press Release!
- Read USICD Board Member and Global Disability Inclusion’s CEO, Meg O’Connell’s latest blog titled “Disability, Accessibility vs. the Plastic Straw”
- Bridge Multimedia provided audio description for 22 Emmy nominated, and 3 Emmy Award winning programs!
- ANCOR will hold its 2019 Policy Summit & Hill Day on 15-16 October, 2019. More details are coming!
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Center on Disability Studies is accepting presentation proposals to be featured at the 35th Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability & Diversity at the Hawaiʻi Convention Center, March 2–3, 2020.
- What does the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) say about cruise ships providing ASL interpreters? Watch National Association of the Deaf (NAD) CEO Howard Rosenblum’s response.
- NAD and Rochester School for the Deaf are excited to host the 27th Biennial Jr. NAD National Conference in Rochester, New York! It will be held at the Rochester School for the Deaf from 6-10 November, 2019.
- On April 9-12, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) trained members of Guatemala’s National Council for Persons with Disabilities (CONADI) to carry out an election access observation ahead of the country’s general elections on June 16, 2019.
- Gallaudet University has issued a call for proposals for their African Deaf Ecologies in Transition symposium, to be held October 6 – 8 2019 at Gallaudet University. More information (video)
- USICD Sponsor, Frances West Co. presented at the SXSW 2019 conference in March! Click here to listen to her Authentic Inclusion Drives Disruptive Innovation SXSW session.
- The Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living (APRIL) will hold its annual conference from 25-28 October, 2019 at the Amway Grant Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- ANCOR and UCP’s Case for Inclusion 2019 report is now available. The report is a a comprehensive data tool that examines how well programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are serving residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation has several upcoming events! Check them out!
- TASH will hold its annual conference from 5-9 December in Phoenix, AZ
Please contact us to have your organization’s news featured on our website (USICD organizational membership required)